Friday, December 28, 2012

Times, They Are A Changin'

Change is a funny thing. Usually you don't feel it so much as you wake up one day and just realize it. You look at a picture of yourself or family and you don't recognize the people in it. Then you ask yourself: when did things change!? I'm not really talking about a grown-up looking at their baby pictures... Though that's crazy too. I'm talking about the picture on my iPhone wallpaper. It's the one of me and my brother the night he left for Australia. It was only three months ago. But for some reason, tonight I caught my breath when I saw it, 'cause so much has changed in three months. He's not the same and I'm not the same. Just three months.

Today was a good day. My parents and I spent the afternoon at Insomnia Coffee Company, a local coffee shop. We met the manager and had a great heart-to-heart with her. The coffee shop is owned by Christians who's philosophy of ministry is completely in sync with mine. It was so encouraging to talk with like minded believers and open up the connection for a possible job and future ministry. They display and sell artist's work (I'll be in charge of setting up my mom's jewelry display for the month of May). Every weekend they get local musicians to come play for open mic night. They are focused on building relationships and community! This is just one coffee shop 5 minutes down the road from my new home. And I'm not even in Portland yet! I am starting to see glimpses of the reason I moved come to fruition!

Portland is at my fingertips. The holiday season is just about over. My life here in Oregon is about to begin. Things keep changing... Moving forward... God is faithful.



No comments:

Post a Comment