It's been one week since my parents drove off in the cold morning air and left me standing on the porch of my new home. Those next four days were tough, I'm not gonna lie. In the months and weeks leading up to leaving California I was surprised by how easy it all felt. I knew it would hit me once I actually moved. And it did. I think it was Saturday when the reality of finding a job, finding a church, finding an apartment, making a new life and new friends really hit me. And on top of that my good friend Ryan was in the hospital recovering from a major heart attack back in California. My parents were gone. And I felt bored around the house. So yeah... It was a rough few days.
I realized that I was so worried about finding a job and starting life that I was missing the reality that I now live in one of the coolest and most beautiful cities! So on Sunday I spent the whole day enjoying Portland. I went to church at The Well with Mallory then got lunch at this little place called Gravy. Aaron and I spent the afternoon browsing the religion and philosophy sections at Powell's. We hit up Horse Brass Pub before heading home in the evening. I was driving across the river, looking out over the city lights of Portland that twinkled through the rain drops on my windows, listening to my new favorite band: Blackbird Blackbird... And for the first time I felt relaxed and content. This was my city!
Today I met my possible future boss. He's the guy that owns the coffee shop down the road, and he recognized me and introduced himself! He said he needed to call me. Then I saw the manager later and she asked if I had gotten the call yet and to answer 'cause it was good news! I don't want to be to presumptuous, but I'm kinda excited! God is good!
Tonight I'm spending the night at my friends place in Portland. After a fun dinner party, good wine and new friends I'm ready for sleep...
'Night.

No comments:
Post a Comment