Well... After three days of driving I am finally in my new home! My parents and I had planned to take the I-5 north, but because of weather conditions, ended up back tracking and adding an extra 400 miles to our trip! It was truly an adventure getting here. Driving into Hillsboro this afternoon brought a sense of excitement... wondering what the next weeks and months will bring!? I am writing this as I'm curled up in my new bed, in my new room, in my new house, in my new city, in my new state, in my new life! Honestly, I'm too tired to process it all. I kinda feel like it's just Christmas vacation and life will go back to normal next week. But no, this IS the new normal.
Tonight we had a progressive dinner with the family. Appetizers at my cousins D'Auna and Chris', then dinner at my cousins Donovan and Lynnea's, then back to my Aunt and Uncle's house for dessert. It was fun to see everyone's homes and know that I'm a part of life here now...
I am very tired and need to go to sleep now...

Nice, It will be nice having you live around the corner!
ReplyDelete