One month ago today I drove into my new home in Oregon. It's hard to believe that it has been one month already! I got an Oregon phone number this week, which makes this feel more like home! Today was my first official shift at Insomnia Coffee Company. After a few days of training I felt ready to jump into work! I love this coffee shop... The two owners are best friends and amazing men of God. The way they run the shop is so amazing. Everyone is expected to work excellently yet the vibe is so chill, it's a perfect job! Plus I get to be around coffee all day. God is so good!
Last Sunday I went to Door of Hope Church for the second time. I really like this church and think I'm going to start going there. They have two evening services, which is cool! The first Sunday I walked in and saw a wall covered floor to ceiling in random eclectic coffee mugs hanging on hooks. I chose one that I liked and filled it with steaming Stumptown coffee. Hmmm.... I liked this place already! But honestly, the way the pastors teach God's Word is so exciting and keeps me on the edge of my seat! Quoting C.S. Lewis, smoking a pipe as a visual aid and singing a prayer in Hebrew to close the service are just some of the little things that make me love this church.
As I settle into work, and into a church... Life will unfold before me, it's exciting!

The Lines have been drawn for you in pleasant places indeed. God is so faithful and wonderful to His children. xoxoxoxoxxoxox
ReplyDelete